1.1 This standard provides:
– test and statistical methods for generating fatigue distribution data;
– test and statistical methods for conducting a verification of the pressure ratings on fluid power hydraulic filter/separator housing(s);
– common requirements and an industry-wide philosophy in judging one type of pressure capability for fluid power hydraulic filter/separator housing(s);
– uniform methods of product comparison.
1.2 This standard limits conditions as follows:
– constant amplitude, pressure induced loading of the elements that constitute or maintain the pressure containing envelope;
– product life of at least 100,000 cycles;
– defined conditions for pressure levels and pulse durations;
– temperatures from the charpy impact transition temperature to the threshold of creep sensitivity;
– environments which are chemically compatible with the materials of the pressure containing envelope;
– materials that are aluminum, magnesium, steel, iron, copper based alloys, cobalt, titanium, stainless steels, nickel steels and monel;
– specifically excluded are creep sensitive materials such as: zinc, plastic, rubber and sealing devices;
– to exclude the finite life RFP rating for a hydraulic filter /separator housing (such as spin-on filters) used in finite life applications. See ANSI/(NFPA)T3.10.17.
1.3 This standard encourages manufacturers to use this common method to enhance the credibility of their pressure ratings.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 230 KB